Eighth Tower Magazine has announced “In Darkness Is Light“, new international dark experimental music awards.
The “In Darkness Is Light” Awards (IDIL Awards) is dedicated to all forms of dark experimental music and promotes the innovation and research in the field of dark electronics and dark electroacoustic music.
15 tracks among all the ones submitted will be selected and included in a compilation to be digitally published by Eighth Tower Records in February 2024. An international jury composed of radio djs, podcasters, and reviewers, will assign a score to every track to determine prize winners.
– Prize for the 1st classified project: € 200,00 + a full special on the magazine;
– Prize for the 2nd classified project: € 100,00 + a full special on the magazine;
– Prize for the 3rd classified project: 1 year free subscription to the Eighth Tower magazine + a full special on the magazine;
– Prize for the 4th classified project: 6 months free subscription to the Eighth Tower magazine + a full special on the magazine;
– Prize for the 5th classified project: 3 months free subscription to the Eighth Tower magazine + a full special on the magazine.
– All tracks will be played in the Unexplained Sounds streaming radio program and all radios programs of the circuit.
– submissions of a single track for each project (maximum 8 minutes, .wav or .flac format) to firstname.lastname@example.org;
– tracks must be unpublished and exclusive made for the compilation mentioned above;
– it’s requested a bio and a description of the project;
– links to video and visual material will be welcomed;
– multiple projects from the same person won’t be allowed;
– track submissions via link to Wetransfer, Google or other similar transfer services;
– deadline December, 31, 2023.
Preliminary condition to participate:
– to be subscribed at least for 2 months to the Eighth Tower magazine (tier Apprentice Supporter or upper tiers): https://www.patreon.com/eighthtower
– Raffaele Pezzella – Eighth Tower publisher (Italy)
– Mike Borella – Avant Music News web zine (US)
– Dj SpaceTerrapin – Enclosure Three radio program (Germany)
– David Loveless – The Dungeon In Deep Space blog (US)
– Rich Dodgin – This Is Darkness webzine (US)
– Bram Hagers – Horae Obscura podcast (Belgium)
– Bepi Crespan – CITR 101.9FM (Vancouver, Canada)
– Paul Casey – Independent reviewer (US)
– David Warmbier – Spectrasonicsound podcast (US)
– Peter Van Cooten – Ambientblog (Netherlands)
Anyone who would like to support the “In Darkness Is Light” Awards to grow and increase the amount of prizes in time, can donate here: paypal.me/usggroup